Thursday, January 22, 2009
Ilang Paghahanda para sa 8-hour Film na "Melancholia"
Pic is taken from this site.
Ayun, nacha-challenge na naman akong tapusin ang isang film ni Lav Diaz entitled "Melancholia" (Venice Film Fest Best Pic winner). Ipapalabas ito sa UP Film Center sa Sabado, January 24, from 1 - 9pm. Pero hindi sa nacha-challenge lang ako. Maraming puwedeng mapulot sa mga pelikula n'ya. Tingin ko, si Lav Diaz lang ang may karapatang tawaging artist/filmmaker. Having said that, here's my preparation checklist on watching the 8-hour B&W film.
1. No rigorous physical activity on Friday night. Got a wine night so that's definitely fine. Not to mention that I have to attend a baptism on Saturday morning, somewhere in Libis (care to know where's Green Meadows Avenue?);
2. 7-11/Mini-Stop shopping with Kopiko (LSS: coffee candy, Kopiko!), chicha like Tortillos and Cheese Rings (Wet Ones should be in place, too), bottled water, chewing gum (big help on long drives in the US) and dinner (sandwich, perhaps);
3. No celfone on Saturday (big distraction);
4. Breaks will only be done during tape switches, I was informed. If they're generous with 30 minutes, I might get a coffee from Chocolate Kiss (just across UP Film Center); and
5. Psyche myself that I'm melancholic this week.